Girls’ Club mural features artist Vickie Pierre

Girls’ Club has commissioned South Florida artist Vickie Pierre to create a site-specific mural for the Girls’ Club exterior. Taking over 46 feet of wall space, Pierre extends her practice into the public realm with her first large scale, public art project. The Elements Conspire to Find Me, 2015 Site specific wall mural, acrylic, metallic…

Read More

Girls’ Club mural features artist Julie Davidow

Girls’ Club has commissioned South Florida artist Julie Davidow to create a site-specific mural for the Girls’ Club exterior. Taking over 46 feet of wall space, Davidow extends her practice into the public realm with her first public art project. Inspired by both the architectural elements of Girls’ Club, designed by Glavovic Studio, and the…

Read More

Making Space: Open Call for Poems and Short Stories

As part of the guest exhibit Making Space: Beyond a Room, on view at the Rosemary Duffy Larson Gallery at Broward College Central Campus, Girls’ Club is hosting an open call for poems and short stories. Curated from the private collection of Francie Bishop Good and David Horvitz, Making Space is a multi-media exhibition that builds…

Read More

Tigertail presents Beauty and the Beast annual

Tigertail’s annual fundraiser celebrates their 35th Anniversary with party and auction Saturday, November 8, 2014, 8-11pm Miami-Dade County Auditorium On Stage Black Box 2901 West Flagler Street, Miami PARTY INFO AND TICKETS: www.tigertail.org. An outrageous evening of fun & fundraising! Join Tigertail’s legendary parties ON STAGE at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium. Come as a beauty,…

Read More

WaveMaker Grant Program for South Florida Artists

Cannonball in Miami launches WaveMaker Grants, a program which provides direct support for artist-centric, artist-driven projects that have a profound impact on the critical, intellectual, and creative depth of Miami’s arts community. These projects are non-commercial, non-institutional, stimulate critical thinking and dialogue, and expose audiences to innovative artistic practices typically under-recognized by traditional venues. The…

Read More

Catalog Launch Event: I think it’s in my head

Friday, September 12, 7pm Join Girls’ Club, featured artists and exhibition collaborators in celebrating the publication of its fourth annual exhibition catalog, I think it’s in my head. Designed by Hello Gusto, the 86-page catalog features an introduction from creative director Michelle Weinberg, an essay on feminism and science fiction by Claire Evans, a work…

Read More

Guided Tours of Girls’ Club Contemporary Art Space and Private Collection

In partnership with Greater Fort Lauderdale and Sunny.org, Girls’ Club will be offering special guided tours of it’s award-winning facilities and current exhibition – I think it’s in my head, including and insider’s look at the local art scene in Fort Lauderdale and the greater South Florida area. Fort Lauderdale is home the world’s only…

Read More

Art Fallout 2013, artists, photos, and record visitors

October 5, 2013 marked the Art fallout’s forth year highlighting the hotbed of creative production in downtown Fort Lauderdale and brought record numbers of artists, families and community members to the area’s contemporary art venues. Art fallout 2013, by the numbers For 1 day in October, Art Fallout saw 700+ visitors at 15 contemporary art…

Read More

Art Fallout 2013

To celebrate National Arts and Humanities Month, a coast-to-coast collective recognition of the importance of culture in the United States, Girls’ Club is hosting the fourth annual Art Fallout, a day for contemporary art in downtown Fort Lauderdale. 2013 Participating Venues Girls’ Club Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale 1310 Gallery at Sailboat Bend Artist…

Read More

CALL FOR ARTWORK: “Rough and Tumble” Deadline for entry: July 28, 2013

Rough-and-Tumble: 1. characterized by violent, random, disorderly action and struggles. 2. given to such action. 3. rough and unrestrained activity 4. Characterized by roughness and disregard for order, rules, or conventional systems SUBMISSION INFO: Open to all media. Sculpture, Installation art, Video art, Mixed media, Use of found objects, and/or non-traditional media are preferred. Larger…

Read More

PACE is hosting Girl Rising at Muvico

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 7:30pm PACE will be hosting a screening of Girl Rising Muvico Parisian 20 in City Place PACE needs to reach 100 reservations to make the screening happen! Tickets are $10 and benefit 10 x 10, a global campaign to educate and empower girls. Please reserve your seat visit Girl Rising…

Read More

For the Love of Bear | AIGA Miami

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:30 PM – 11:00 PM Where? Tap 42 1411 S Andrews Ave Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316 Craft beer has become a local South Florida phenomenon. With recent openings of craft/micro breweries opening up in ft lauderdale, miami, and wynwood, there is a growing interest in beer varieties. In addition, passionate groups…

Read More