All South Florida artists are invited to submit artworks for ART FALLOUT: DRAWN IN, a one-day open-call visual art exhibition of works on paper at Girls’ Club, at 117 NE 2nd Street, held Saturday, October 6th, 2012, from 5pm to 9pm.
Works accepted MUST BE ON PAPER, no larger than 24 inches in any dimension, and must be unframed, with no mounting or matting. Artists are encouraged to explore the medium of drawing – incorporating drawing, hand-drawn sketches, poetry, designs, ink work, collage, and other processes to their practice, exploring the expanses and limits the oldest form of art can offer contemporary artists. Limited of two works per artist, fee of $10 per work.
A panel of prominent South Florida arts professionals will informally judge the works in the exhibition on their merits, and the public is invited to give personal feedback to the artists via a system of color-coded handwritten messages. A fun way to connect artists and art enthusiasts, perhaps inspiring individuals to start their own art collections!
Each October Girls’ Club organizes Art Fallout to explore and discover contemporary art in downtown Fort Lauderdale. This year’s participants include 1310 Gallery, FATVillage, Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, Glavovic Studio, Cadence and the Green Room. Each venue joins Girls’ Club in the celebration of Fort Lauderdale as a hub of creative contemporary art production.
- Fill out online submission form below and review requirements.
- Bring works to Girls’ Club between Wednesday, October 3 and Friday, October 5. Contact us to makeo ther arrangements or to inquire about any drop off sites near you.
- Join us Saturday, October 6, 5-9pm, for the public event! Participate and give feedback on post-its and see comments around your work from invited artists, art professionals and the public.
- Pick up works and comments at the end of the night, or the following week.
Art Fallout Submission fee payment options:
- Cash, at drop off
- Check, made out to Girls’ Club Foundation
- Credit, via these links: one work, for two works.
For more information about Art Fallout
- visit the blog at www.artfallout.blogspot.com
- join and share Art Fallout on facebook
- check out photos from last year on Girls’ Club’s facebook page
- tweet @girlsclubFLL or use #artfallout to follow the event on Twitter
- check out this video from last year’s Art Fallout: Unframed exhibition
- visit the Girls’ Club blog for more artists opportunities and open calls from around the world
117 NE 2 Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL