Self-Proliferation Catalog, published 2016
Girls' Club announces the publication of its ambitious catalog accompanying the exhibition Self-Proliferation, curated by Micaela Giovannotti.
Designed by Hello Gusto!, the 96-page catalog documents and elaborates upon the themes explored in the exhibition of 48 works from the collection of Francie Bishop Good and David Horvitz.
The catalog includes
- a foreword by Girls' Club creative director Michelle Weinberg
- original essay by guest curator Micaela Giovannotti
- poems inspired by the exhibition from writer-in-residence Jan Becker.
- original exhibition flyer
- a 6 x 9" sticker sheet of exhibition graphics and print register marks
- an extended index/checklist of artworks including curatorial and biographical notes
- artist inserts from 4 local artists and collaboratives, Portable Editions, IS Projects, Books Are Nice and Sarah Michelle Rupert
Edition of 200
Printed and bound in South Florida
Series "Dirt Cone," 2016 by Leila A. Leder Kremer Series "Landscape Evidence," 2016 by Juana Meneses A Vessel, 2016 by Ingrid Schindall Defining Paper, 2016 by Books Are NiceDefining Paper, 2016
by Books Are Nice
- Series "Dirt Cone," 2016 by Leila A. Leder Kremer
- Series "Landscape Evidence," 2016 by Juana Meneses
- The Vessel, by Ingrid Schindall, was inspired by an old saying that the ocean invented land animals as a way to carry itself around on land. The poem contemplates the consequence of all life on land being an extension of the life in the ocean and the duty of land creatures, specifically humans in this case, to explore the land and see everything that we can.
- Defining Paper, 2016 by Books Are Nice
- Print Fool Fire Sale, by Sarah Michelle Rupert, is an anagram word play piece for printing fools. The title itself, an anagram of "Self-Proliferation" and the word bank spilling over the transparent page are words created soley from letters found in "Self-Proliferation."